Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Book of Ezekiel

Toward the end of May, The Lord led me to begin an in-depth, comprehensive, pretty much exhaustive study of the Book of Ezekiel. I’ve been at it for two weeks and haven’t finished studying Chapter 1….that’s what I mean by in-depth! I’ll be posting a brief (or maybe not so brief) review upon completion of each chapter.

So far, God has allowed me to see so many profound things in this study. I am grateful to Him for sending me in this direction and making clear to me things I have not before seen. Thus far, I see many similarities between Israel then and us now. Particularly in our spiritual state…WOW! I have a whole new appreciation and understanding for the necessity of truly having Reverence for God. It’s something I’ve said many times, but now my eyes have been opened to what that really means and how Reverence for God affects every single aspect of our lives. He’s also allowed me to see how detrimental lack of that Reverence is.

I’ll stop because I could go on forever about what I’ve discovered, in this, the beginning of the study. I am excited and challenged to go deeper. Already, there have been significant changes in my mindset and for that I thank The Father and am humbled that He would choose to direct me down this path to Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have left the comment option open to anyone; I do however have the final say as to whether or not a comment will be posted. I'm not opposed to friendly debating, but let's all keep it respectful. I am not afraid of differing opinions, but name calling and nastiness is not permitted. Oh, and please leave the "snark" to me. ;)